Sunday, May 6, 2007

Chor Hoon's Birthday!!!! (22/4/2007)



I got to know Chor Hoon when I was in Ward 74 NICA. When I first shifted to 74 NICA from 45 MICA, I was very depressed and cried most of the time. Chor Hoon was directly opposite me and when Nancy (Respiratory Therapist) visited me, Chor Hoon got her to buy sweet for both of us. Nancy introduced both of us to each other.



Chor Hoon was an encouragement to me. She is 2 years older than me, married with a teenage daughter. About 4 years back, she was diagnosed with a disease that would degenerate her nerves and muscles. The paralysis started from her legs and slowly to her right arm, she could never move again. Shortly after her diagnosis, her husband was killed in an accident, leaving behind his young daughter to the care of his sickly wife. Chor Hoon was distraught with the calamity befall her. She turned to Jesus for comfort and strength. She is presently under the pastoral care of City Harvest Church.



I've personally met the net group friends of hers who regularly visited her. They are a group of loving people who made frequent trips to keep Chor Hoon company and prayed for her.



A support group was extremely crucial for her life and she was thankful to God for sending friends to help carry the burden and the anxiety.



Through our long stays in the hospital, we had the opportunity to be opposite each other's bed, beside each other's bed as well as next door to each other when we both had to be isolated because of the MRSA (hospital acquired bugs). We connected well coz' we identified each other's feelings. She had the tracheostomy performed on her too.



Upon our discharged from hospital, she was sent to Ren Ci Hospital and of course I continued to visit her there. She ever mentioned to me that there was a patient who "loan" the DVD player to everyone and they rotate among themselves to use the player. It would take months before she get a chance to use the player. I could sympathized with her because I know how blessed it was to have the player after being confined in hospital for so long.



Hence, for her birthday present, a few of us (Sis Swee Cheng, Nancy (RT) and myself) decided to buy her DVD player.




Here we are!!! Sis Swee Cheng and myself presented the DVD player to her on her birthday (22/04/07). Look at the joy on her face :o))))))





Darshini, Chor Hoon and myself ....





Song, Chor Hoon, Nan and myself ....


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOR HOON!!!!!!

No comments: