Sunday, June 10, 2007

HOW DO I SPEND MY 192 DAYS IN HOSPITAL?

SLEEPING

Sleep, sleep and sleep (especially when not well) .... sleep like a sleeping beauty and finally became a beautiful "pig"..... hahaha ........ Someone asked me how do I feel after staying so long in the hospital, I replied, "well rested" ("p)




EATING

Food in SGH was good but eating the same food for 192 days.....urrrrr??? Since most of my days were spent in ICU, ICA and isolation, I was not allowed to leave my room. Hence, whenever visitors brought food during their visit, you can be sure that they have made my day! "Ta pau" food... japanese, korean, noodles soup, fried rice etc..... yum, yum!!! Of course it delighted me the most when my meal ends with dessert!





Recalling those days in ICU when I was intubated, no food was allowed and whenever I watched korean movies, I could not help but had cravings for food coz' most part of korean movies featured on eating and eating and eating.




Since I couldn't eat, I started to draw..... ice kachang was what I craved for.... the icy cold would quenched my thirst!!!



It sure is a blessing to be able to eat! How we have always taken health for granted!!! You can be sure that once I was allowed to eat after a long peroid of "starvation".....I ate "for revenge"!!!!

During my last one to two months in hospital, what I ate was fast food coz' they provide delivery services. I've never eaten so much fast food in my whole life.....Mac Donalds, Mac Donalds everyday!!!



WATCHING DVD

DVD watching has definitely helped kill the time!!! For the first one month and first intubation period in ICU, I do not have DVD player and I was so bored. I could not move, could not eat, could not talk and time passes so so slowly. Soon I started to listen to music and started to draw whatever I could see in my surrounding (hee, hee, found my hidden talent!!!)


Many weeks later, while in ICA, a friend got me a DVD player. I was delighted coz' it certainly brought some change to the mundane life in hospital.

Friends, nurses and other patient's relatives started to offer to lent me their DVD. Thanks to them who offered their VCD and DVD!!! They have been a great blessing to me. Really appreciate their kindness.


CROSS STITCH

Because I was so bored, my beloved nurses started to buy me crafts. It was absolutely therapeutic to my boredom =>>>> Then other friends started to buy me cross stitch and of course I got "hooked" to it too!!!!





VISITORS

Thank God for many faithful visitors who brighten my days with their visit.












Tired? Come share my bed!!! ("P)














Thanks to Sharon who brought her computer to entertain me with all hers and our photos


Visitors from Harebin .... They had to put on mask because I had MRSA and was in isolation room. Did you realize that my mask was not on my face? Hee hee it was at the trachy site.






No comments: